Thursday, May 18, 2006

Wikipedia's History of Myanmar in dire need of some work

Wikipedia's article on the "History of Myanmar" is usually at the top of any Google search for material on the history of Burma.

It's a pity that there really isn't much there yet. For example, the entry on Dhammazedi is only a stub waiting to be filled in with the essential details of his life. The Bayinnaung entry only has a rough sketch for such an important king.

I am continually finding exceptionally good Wikipedia entries for the learning English with the newspaper articles I write each day for the Bangkok Post. Like yesterday I found a great article on collaboration and another one on incentives.

I started working on the page a little bit today by adding what I find to be some of the most useful links for the history of Burma.